Sunday, September 13, 2009

Missing My Boy

I wrote this poem within a few weeks after Ethan was born, I miss him terribly even today. But cannot help but rejoice in the blessings God has given me, in Caleb and Madison. I am truly a blessed person. Happy Birthday Mommy's Angel Boy. I will never forget you, and I will always love you.


THE ECHO OF A MOTHER’S LOSS

I am a mother
My child is an angel
But I am still a mother

It breaks my heart to know all that I’ll miss
All of Ethan’s firsts
His first step, His first word
Even his first kiss

There is nothing I’d rather have in life
The Ethan at my side
He was much to young for me
To have to say goodbye

So take care of my baby God
Until I can get to him
Love him and hold him near
Take away all of his fear

Tell him that I love him so
And that I didn’t want him to go
He will always live in my heart
Even though we are apart

I dream of that day
That I may hold him again
To whisper his name and touch his face
To give him the warmth of his mother’s embrace


By: Gidget Ann Kinley
- In memory of Ethan Lawrence Kinley
Mommy Misses you little guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment